Tuesday, July 5, 2011

See You at Bella's Vintage Market this Saturday!!


         Here's Your Sneak Peak!!

 So, it seems that I have recently become immersed in all things French.  Last fall I was invited to participate in a new French emphasis antique show.  The show wasn't to be held until the following July .... Well, its the following July, and the show is this weekend, July 9th at 10:00 A.M. The name of the show is Bella's Vintage Market.

It is being held at Wheeler Farm on 9th east, just north of I-215.  There are several antique dealers, like me, as well as some very talented craft dealers. I have a listing, among my blogs, for this show in case you want to take a peek at what other dealers specialize in.

This is my show and tell post of the items I am preparing to bring to the sale this Saturday.  First of all is this great old mannequin.  She is ready to be draped in pearls, a tiny black dress, or some antique French lace.  I love the one in the corner of my parlor, she wears laces, French blue ribbon and a crown!

I have been busy printing great antique graphics and laundry labels onto vintage bleached flour sacks. It has been so fun, I  learned the method from








http://tickingandtoile.blogspot.com/2010/08/birds-in-nest-tutorial.html  Next I used the printed fabric to upholster a couple of small pieces of furniture.


 I also made a couple of down filled pillows, in fact this bird print is the same one they used on the tutorial listed above.












This charming French Lady is a boudoir lamp.  The low watt bulb is beneath her skirt and casts a soft glow.  She is newly rewired, though she is originally from the 1930's.  She has the sweetest face I have ever seen!

These French comic medical prints are very unusual, and give us a peek at the French Humor.
 And what sale of French decor items would be complete without the Empress Josephine and her consort Napoleon?  Here we find their busts on blocks of marble for use as bookends.  They are classic AND charming!

This sweet double cherub plaque certainly has a French flavor.  Their faces are so sweet.

... and last of all I am bringing this sweet set of a creamer and sugar bowl with lid.  Perfect for your tea party, and they certainly have the look of Haviland Limoges, if not the stamp or the price!!

Come along for a stroll this Saturday.  I would love to see you.  If I don't know you personally yet, please introduce yourself!!  I have had so much fun meeting blogging friends!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a lot of great stuff for the sale Paula! Not sure if I will make it, but I will try! ~Stacy~ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! The bench and the pillows are delightful! Looking forward to meeting you there.
    Korrie@RedHenHome

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOO beautiful Paula!! I can't wait to see all of your great treasures!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bench, you did a great job. I love the link on how to transfer the designs, what a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a lovely bench! And the upholstery you did is fabulous! Great job!
    Love, Dina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the bench and pillow!!!! They turned out gorgeous. I am your newest follower. Hope you can visit me sometime too.:)

    ReplyDelete