Friday, February 10, 2012

1930's Valentine Wreath



To make this wreath, I took a white wire coat hanger and bent it in a circle and snipped off the hanger.  Then I wrapped it in a Bethany Lowe pink tissue paper garland.  To this I added an antique silver Christmas foil garland and a strand of antique pink mercury glass beads.
Here are the copies of 30's Valentines I used, some with glittered edges, some without.  I found the sweet center one with the cottage scene at Graphics Fairy Blog.

I originally planned to use some of my actual vintage collection, and just clip them on with clothes pins I had painted pink.

But when I clipped them on, it bent the Valentines, and I had very little control over keeping them on the plane I thought they look good.








 So I used color copies instead and glued them on with a glue gun using a spatula to keep them flat and level until the glue cooled.


I was very pleased with how it turned out.  A friend of mine, who is very antique savvy even asked if it was an antique, which I loved. 

2 comments: