Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sweet Suzette, My Frenchie Mannequin!

As opposed to Penelope, about 'whom' I just blogged, this is Suzette, the jewel of my parlor and she has never worked a day in her life.  Suzette is a decorative mannequin.  I found her at Treasures Antiques where I work.  She has a champagne colored satin body, a wasp waist and a lovely princess v that forms her lower lines.  She came on a sort of modern chromish boring stand, so I performed surgery attaching her to an antique birdcage stand base.

She is dressed in a delicate antique lace table clothe, with an antique bridal head piece for her 'collar and netting cape'.  She also sports a royal banner held in place with an antique millinery rose, which was a gift from my dear friend Marci.  Of course every royal needs a crown and a rhinestone bib, and Suzette is no exception!  (The problem is what to do with the matching rhinestone earrings ...)



















This mannequin series was inspired by the Dressform Ball, I am participating in this week over at the Polkadot Closet.  Go take a peek!

10 comments:

  1. Soooo pretty. I love that stand. What a display piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I love the lace and the pretty crown. Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is gorgeous! I love that you changed up her stand...genius! Thank you for having Suzette attend the ball!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on ya for attending Carol's ball! Do you follow her blog...she's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzette is stunning, love the crown!!

    Aledia~

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's beautiful! Love her gorgeous rhinestone necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhh she is gorgeous, I love her crown.....

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely lovely! I love the crown and the rhinestone necklace! Great job! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete