Friday, February 24, 2012

Trash to Treasure French Trays, Signs and Tables too

 I really love great old French signage.  This post includes pictures of great items I have for sale at the Antique Mall where I work. 

I have collected the designs for these projects at my favorite of


all graphic sources :The Graphics Fairy. The sign in the picture above is actually an antique transom window with a board inserted.  The old paint on it made it perfect for 'becoming' a bit of Antique French Signage.
I love finding antique items to 'Frenchize'.  The metal flower basket in the top picture is one of my favorites, though you cannot see the twisted metal handle because of the ostrich feathers.  Then there's the old army trunk above that manages to boost is dignity.

The wood tables, trunk, sign and tin flower basket are done by tracing and then detailing with a black paint and a lettering brush, with smaller lettering being done with a sharpie.

The tray and bread box above are done with decoupage, while the bench is upholstered with antique bleached flour sack that has been printed with the Citrasolve method.

6 comments:

  1. It all looks gorgeous. I have done a lot of decoupage, I am hoping to have some success with transfers. You seem to have it all down pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your items! Isn't the Graphics Fairy awesome?
    I don't like decoupage when I do it...I probably just need practice but it always has brush lines in it.

    ♥charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute projects. What would we do without the graphics fairy?

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your projects and the graphics from Karen.TFS.
    Happy WW.
    XO Marie

    ReplyDelete