Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentines Glass Paper Weights

 Yep, that's me, tweaking my Valentine's mantel in the dining room.  I have been gathering antique and new paperweights, whenever I can, for a few years.  They do such a nice job of taking a vintage graphic and displaying it.

 Not surprisingly I found this sweet Valentine of a 30's cottage on Graphics Fairy.  I love how the paperweight shows it off, and adds another layer of design to the mantel.

Paperweights are so easy to adapt, just remove the picture that came in them, and add a favorite.  Its fun to put in family pictures too, sort of an unexpected detail that adds charm to any display area, don't you?

I found some of my paperweights in all kinds of places, at World Market, at second hand stores, garage sales, antique stores and even some small plain ones at the dollar store once.  Keep your eyes open, they really are treasures.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love paperweights, now I need to go hunting for some! Thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love that paperweight! You are a busy woman...as usual! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. I really like that graphic that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize you could put pictures in paper weights! What a great way to display vintage graphics. :)

    ReplyDelete