Thursday, March 15, 2012

Hats off to Salute Great Deals!!

Thrifty Thursday Finds!

A couple of weeks ago, I had a chance to go to a great sale with a few of my flea market associates.  This was our second year to do this wonderful sale and we had a strategy.  Divide and Conquer .... oh and get there really early too.

The sale is put on by our local theater and costume shop as they clearance worn costume elements and a few props.



As you can see I appointed myself the head of the hat search.  Jenn made a beeline for the formal dresses, while Cathie and Wendy did some of each.

I ended up with a bakers dozen of hats, one dress, one belt and a pair of riding boots in my size.  The later items are for my own costume closet .... but the hats, the hats, the hats.





These four are my favorites, and three of them are already being put out there to find their own adoptive situations.  The cherry hat however, is going to get new cherries, as the celluloid cherries evidently did not survive the rhythm of some ruthless play.

The funny thing about the cherry hat, is that I believe it was once for sale in our antique store.  I know I have seen and fallen in love with it before.  Several local communities theaters DO buy costumes and props at our shop, so it is definitely possible, still, I find it quite ironic.

But history will not, in this case, repeat itself, I won't be selling the cherry hat.  It will somehow find its way into my own costume collection, with new cherries of course, I mean, one never knows when one will be called upon to go to an 'Andy of Mayberry' party, and this hat has Aunt Bea written all over it.

What fun it was to get together with friends for some serious junking AND breakfast.  Thanks for coming by to help me celebrate my finds and all I can say is "Hats off to you!"

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to make a fun, multiple light, with several vintage hats as the light shade!!!! I had fun looking at the hats and some GREAT vintage gowns at Treasures Antique Mall!!!!!

    ReplyDelete