Friday, May 25, 2012

Milk Glass For Weddings!

For my Friday's Favorite, I thought I would focus on the 'Milk Glass for Weddings' display I just finished today.  You may have noticed that I took part of the bride and groom display from the store to the Acorn Show last weekend.  One baker stopped by and wanted to know where my store is, as she wanted to send brides in who want an antique wedding cake topper.


So here we are on the brink of June, and I had a lovely display of milk glass in the front of one of my booths.  I also came armed with two new pieces of milk glass from my foraging this week.  A nice pedestal milk glass punch bowl, with a record 17 punch cups and ....

a milk glass cake stand.  Armed with these, and my entire stock of antique brides and grooms, I set out to create a wedding and milk glass display.
 I was pretty happy with how it turned out.  I also found another bottomless birdcage and thought "Wire Cloche".  You may recall the one that I sold at the Acorn Show last weekend.
Other wire 'cloches'  join in the fun and add some symmetry, and the display almost built itself.  I am charmed by the fact that so many brides today are choosing Milk Glass for their weddings.  It is so crisp and clean looking.  I have stacks of milk glass plates and vases, enough for a small army of brides .... which is good, because that seems to be what we are getting at Treasures Antiques there days, happily.


Thanks for coming by to check out my favorite display of the week. 

3 comments:

  1. You get it...the art of a lovely display! I wish more antique dealers understood the concept of merchandising, of arranging their wares in pleasing vignettes. I will always spend more time in a booth like yours. The others need to spend a little time discovering the trends. Most of the time I get sensory overload and cannot even focus on the stuff in their booths. Your displays remind me of a fun shop in Highland called Dear Lizzie...I can't stop looking at their displays. BTW I used vintage cake toppers for my daughter's wedding in Feb. and guess where I got the idea...? =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I just say you have made my day, maybe my month by comparing my booth to Dear Lizzie. I love that store, it is stunning, and I too can just go in there and look, and soak it in. You are so adorable. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. It's just beautiful!! We appreciate you linking up with us!! It's so fun to see all of the great ideas and recipes! We hope to see you back again soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete