Friday, May 18, 2012

Young Mother Spa Night - Happy Mother's Day!

And now for some Fabulous Friday Fun!  The week before mother's day I stopped into a new boutique in Santequin a smaller town south of my small town.  I love the name of the boutique, it is La Bodacious Boutique, and my friend Kelli has a booth there.
 While there I met Kelli's friend Eleecia who does pedicures and "Glitter Toes" ... she had me at the word Glitter.  I booked a set for the next day.  She had cute gift certs available at the boutique and I
decided to get them for my girls for Mother's Day.  I chatted with my daughter Emily about doing the glitter toes at a spa night... she suggested her friend Katie, my daughter that was born to another mother, who is a massage therapist.  Then she offered to do facials herself.  Emily used to work for NuSkin and has a nice supply of their awesome products.  Thus our Spa Night was born.  To the right are the invitations I made to go with the gift cert packages.  Thanks to Graphics Fairy for the fun old beauty queen photo.

This is how the invites looked clipped to the GC packets!!

And here we all are at Spa night. 

Healthy snacks included veggies and dips, and fruits and dip, as well as my fav, green smoothies.  They have bananas, pinnapple and spinach. 

My cute 10 year old grandson Scott's contribution to the spread was the Runts.  That made me smile, he is so thoughtful, and after all, aren't Runts just tiny fruits?  The pumpkin fruit dip was a hit.

This is my oldest Grand child Kim.  She joined in spa night completely, the rest of the grandchildren wandered in and out of the family room where Grandpa and Uncle Sam were keeping watch.

Everyone chose a different color of glitter toes, but they all turned out great!!  Eleecia did a great job and if you are local you can contact her at  (801) 380-0620, her prices are very reasonable.   And she comes to your home, she even does toenail parties for teenage girls!!

Here we see my daughter-in-law Nell, choosing hers.  Nell is the person who got me into fancy toenails in the first place.  She is very artistic and does the most fun things to her toe nails in the summer!!

My granddaughter Lu is not too sure about what was going on with her mom's face, but she was mostly willing to give her a kiss anyway.

In this picture you can see that Briahnna on the left is ready to have her mask removed, Becca in front is getting close, and my mask is newly applied.

Katie did a great job.  Everyone was so relaxed after their 20 minutes on her table.  Briahnna above looks almost ready to fall asleep ...

This is my daughter Ashley, mother of three and my daugher Becca, mother of one.  Ashley is my second oldest and Becca is my second youngest.  They are two of my three horse loving daughters.  Darby the third horse lover, had to work. :-(

Here we see Ashley getting better aquainted with Beckie, Emily's (The NuSkin girl) baby.

And finally the facial girl gets some special treatment too, as Katie gives her a massage.  They were best friends all through high school, and it was so fun to see them spend some time together again.

Of course I can't say goodbye without thanking Grandpa for his time spent riding heard on my adorable grandchildren.  This one is Elias and belongs to Briahnna and my son Davin.

Thanks for coming along.  Spa night was a hit, and we have already talked about improvements for next year.  I can hardly wait, though I may need to schedule Katie for a massage before that.  Luckily she does have a 'have bed will travel' business, and will come here for a real hour long massage.  If you want one too you can leave a message here and I will get you her contact info.

And if you are local stop by and see me at the Acorn Antique show in Ogden this weekend. 

Acorn's Antique Show & Sale
Saturday May 19th, 9:00-6:00
Sunday May 20th, 10:00-5:00
Weber County Fairgrounds
1000 N. 1200 W.
Ogden
Exit 346 (400 North) turn right Follow signs to Fairgrounds.

2 comments:

  1. That spa night looks like you all had a blast! Love those masks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the invites, the Graphics Fairy rocks, and your spa night was definitely a success, I might have to get my friends together for one!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete