Friday, October 5, 2012

A Bird Theme Flower Pot!


It all started with this yummy Italian salad, called Caprese.  It has four ingredients, fresh sliced tomatoes, fresh sliced mozzarella balls, sweet basil leaves and olive oil.  (Salt and Pepper to taste).  Its amazing if you can have a bit of all four in each bite.  Yum!

I got a great deal on some basil plants at Olson's Garden Shoppe, (Where we held a successful flea.o.logy last January!)  and brought them home. Now I just needed a pot.  I found the garish wonder to the right at a second hand store for  a $1.  It was the right size, but ....

With several coats, and I do mean several, covering that bright pattern was no small feat.  I let it dry in the sun all day ... then when I came home from work, I grabbed a sweet birdcage and bird from Graphics Fairy and decoupaged them in place.  (I printed the bird first then reusing the same paper, printed the cage, thus putting the bird 'in' the cage.)

The bird motif was important because I have bird related items in my kitchen window, which is south facing and with the filtered light from my shaded yard, should keep my basil plants happy!


 
The motif for the pot is pretty simple, but it fits with the other birds and cages on my kitchen window shelf.  Thanks for coming by, and if you haven't already fallen in love with the amazing taste of a caprese salad, you might want to give it a try!


1 comment:

  1. Funny, lol! I wonder if love of bird cages is genetic? xox

    ReplyDelete