Monday, October 1, 2012

A Portable Tea Party!



So here is my latest idea, all made up.  It a portable tea party.  It includes a nice demi tea set, which was minus the tea pot and I thought it would be fun to mix it up.  I added a polkadot tea pot, and some bread and butter plates in a similar blue to hold all the tea table munchies.


I painted this lovely long berry basket a soft white to better match the tea things, and found this sweet tea party picture on Graphics Fairy to embellish it. I then tucked an antique  small table cloth around the edges of the basket for nesting the tea things. Its just the right size to spread on a child's miniature table. (The table cloth was made for a card table.)
 
At the Crafts and Antique show I did last weekend, I tucked in some orange flavored herbal tea bags to make it complete.  It got a lot of interest, but is still looking for a home.  I think that I might even find a pretty tin of fancy cookies to add for its next time out, and maybe a sweet little gift book about tea parties.  Voila', an instant tea party, just add little girls in party dresses and take pictures for your blog, scrapbook or album!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! It looks very feminine and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful; what a lovely idea. Being a tea lover I would love a gift like that. Tea can be so special and has a way of bringing friends closer.Thank you for sharing.

    Kim
    Letters from the Shore

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOOVELY!!!!!! I'm ALL ABOUT TEA!!!! I'm SURE people took interest in this! Everyone loves a little pampering & quiet time sipping hot tea & enjoying the company of friends! :) LOVE the ideas you're thinking about to enhance this special little package! :)

    ReplyDelete