Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Witch's Brew-haha Party! #1

Halloween is coming, so it must be time to get started on my Witch's party.  This year its the Witch's  Brew-haha.  First things first, and today I made the invitations.

 
It took all day, amazingly, but then there was:
 1. Find images to use on Graphics Fairy.  (I choose the haunted house shown below because it reminded me of my own 'haunted looking' house.)
2. Size and print info on the images. 3. Print off and cut out images. 4. Sew them together, forming flaps on the front to look like entry gates.  5. Zigzag stitch on ribbon to tie it closed. 6. Use sealing wax to seal them. (Don't you think black sealing wax is sooo spooky!?)
7. Use glue and glitter to detail them.  8. Use an ink pad to distress envelopes to mail them in.


Phew, it makes me tired to just think about it.  But it was a very fun project, the kind that I really enjoy doing, sick as that probably sounds to normal people.
Now I have the satisfaction of having a big fat stack of invitation all ready to be addressed and sent ... then its onto planning all the other fun stuff ... decor ... favors .... food .... activities!  I will be sure to post all the goodness I have been gathering all year on Pinterest, and may a few original ideas as well!! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it's going to be a fun party! Loved that bird basil pot. Soooo much better than the original! I LOVE Caprese salad. I just found a recipe on line for fresh mozarella. I think I'll give it a try. Mimi

    ReplyDelete