Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Charming Cottage Decor!

Today I am going to share a darling house in my neighborhood.  Cris is one of the dealers at flea.o.logy, and does amazing things with painted furniture.  She has lots of experience, having had two different successful shops over the years, so I was not surprised to find her home so comfy and cottagy!!  Enjoy!




 She made the tiles for this fireplace by stripping the paper off of pieces of sheet rock, and painting them, then finishing them with a shiny glaze.  She glued them to the wall and put plaster between for grout.  I am going to do this with the mantel in my family room.  I can't wait to share!



 Cris bought the sweet chalk ware couple on the mantel above from me at flea.o.logy a couple of years ago.  I always loved them, and had them in my home for years.  It so lovely to see them so thoughtfully and artfully placed, it was visiting an old couple I used to know.

 Her kitchen chandelier is like a scrap book.  The cups and creamers hanging from it are of sentimental value, her first china set, her mother's set, her grandmother's set.  I love the idea, and may try it myself, I have enough sets of dishes, that's for sure, and they all belonged to my mother, grand mother-in-law, both of my grandmothers, etc.  How fun to be reminded of people you love!!





The grouping above includes a portrait of Cris's house. Now to finish on a lighter note.  The umbrella in the herb garden is covering a neighbor's turkey who decided that Cris's front yard was the perfect place to lay and sit on her eggs.  Cris's neighbor laughed at her when she provided the turkey with some protection.  These pics were taken two week ago.  This morning when I was out walking I stopped to see if the impromptu nest was still there.  Nope, just a lot of remnants of shells ... guess the turkeys have gone home!!  Thanks for coming by!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that is an amazing collection! I like those pitchers on the shelf. Such pretty colors. And I like anyone who would put an umbrella out for the turkeys. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That house is so cute! Inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE that house, I wish I could have her decorate for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a good house tour and this one most certainly was! Loved the chandelier idea. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this home, there is so much to look at and enjoy. Thanks for sharing.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that house! we used to buy bird food from a man who lives across the street from her and i always wanted to see inside and now I have!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just how you feel, I felt the same, so when she invited me in, I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. She is super, duper nice too!! But you probably knew that.

      Delete