Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween Luncheon Table

Just one more day, and I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!!  I got the table in the dining room set up tonight so that I could show you completed poppers in their 'natural habitat'.


I put them together at work, using the materials above.  It was a lot of fun.  Of course a real popper would have a pull string fire snap tied in and when you pull the two sides it would make a snapping crackle!!  However, fireworks, even small ones, are not available around here, except on certain holidays, and Halloween doesn't qualify, I am sorry to say. 
When I got home I thought they looked a little plain, and I love the checkered corners of the cat below, that I found at Graphics Fairy, I thought it would tie in nicely with my checkered diner plates.



And here we go ... this is the full table, complete with the tweaked poppers. 

Below there are more pictures of the decorated dining room. 
 
Check back tomorrow morning for pictures of the event itself, and the amazing witch costumes that I am sure will be worn by my adorable and creative friends!



3 comments:

  1. How pretty and so creative! I adore your dining room, would love to see a tour of the rest of your home, so vintage and pretty! LOVE that wall paper! And that fireplace? Oh my goodness!!!!! Have a wonderful time with the youngsters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Love, love those dishes and the poppers turned out so cute! Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete