Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Original Salt Lake Antique Show

Hi Ho ... Hi Ho ... its off to work we go!  I love some parts of my job as an antique dealer and antique shows are always a great experience, especially when you don't happen to  be selling at them, and you get to walk around and visit with good friends and check out their latest goodies.  Having a couple of fun friends along always makes it even nicer, so a great thank you to  Dorothy and Wendy, who are such good sports they even put on cat eye glasses for this portrait!


One of my favorite items at the show is this encrusted antique mannequin that Gary from Cat's Cradle had for sale.  It was amazing in every particular, with all kinds of funky metal covering it from, well its unhead to it untoes.  Gary even said that when plugged in the crown hat lights up ... what fabulous mood lighting!



The fun dealers from Vine Street antiques had lots of spookie touches.  Frank and his bride, to the right, are actually Alexanderkins, who would have thought.




 I always love looking at Karen's dolls.  Karen doesn't have a brick and mortar store, but she will be at the Acorn show in Ogden in two weeks.  What lovely ladies she brings ... and I adore the tiny bisque dolls shown above.

The fifties dining sets were displayed by a new dealer.  Nancy, the new show organizer brought in several new dealers from points east.  It was great to see their wares.  I loved this amazing set of china, shown in place settings.

 
And it was delightful to see my old neighbor Ann and her brother, who always come to the show looking for lavender glass.  I think its fun that they are both wearing lavender for the occasion.  I love Ann, she once dated my father-in-law and used to tell my husband that she was almost his mother.  What a darling girl.
 
Now there are just two weeks until the Acorn Show, which will be a lot more work, but just as much fun!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun!! I agree, it's always more fun to go to these shows with friends.
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete