Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Reinventing Orange Sodas

 We are getting into the home stretch for my Witch's Brew-haha.  Today was beverage day.  I have loved this sweet little witch graphic ever since I first saw it on Graphics Fairy, and knew I would think of something to do with it.  Step  one in reinventing soda bottles was to find one that had glued on labels, rather than painted on labels.


I am still playing with my layout for my table at the big event, but here is one idea.


As you can see I dressed my Parlor Mannequin up as a witch, since I have sold all of my paper mache mannequins, and didn't have time to make another before the party.


I spray painted a couple of old tumbler caddies, that I had on hand, and really like how they look with the bottled sodas.
Below are the original GF witch postcard, and then my soda label after a session in 'paint'.   I dumbed down the blue, a lot, so that the label would better match my color scheme for the party, as you can see.  Thanks for coming by to take a peek!





I am linking up to the Home Sweet Home Friday Party, come by and see.  My Steampunk'n from last week was even featured!!


8 comments:

  1. Haha. That is so cute! I haven't tasted orange soda (or pumpkin, for that matter) for a long time! Oh, it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I told you lately how much I love everything you do?! =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so bright and festive! I love the sweet graphic design as a soda bottle label!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are soooo talented. I love following your blog. Thank you for the invite, and so sorry I won't be able to make it. Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea. Might have to steal it for the grandkids. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute labels, they look great:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that graphic also. Pefect for the sodas. I love your B&W dishes. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete