Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Witch Ornaments that Charm!

Yep, its time for more party fare, this time I am showing off the craft each of my guests will have an opportunity to assemble.  I had seen this done with fairies a couple of time on Graphics Fairy, but when I saw one last week that was a witch, I knew I had my party craft!!
 

I found the hats, wings and most of the 'witches' on Graphics Fairy as well.  Then I dived into my stashes of jewelry and buttons to come up with the bobbles for the 'tail'.  I think it is super charming how the 'tail' sort of waves a bit, reminding one on a mermaid ... and these lovely witches are just as mythical and charming!!

The netting over the face of the witch on the right shows up best in this picture.  You may have noticed in the window picture above that the witch on the left is wearing her tulle as a skirt.


Here are the kits all ready for the big day.  Some of my friends claim not to be crafty, but I think these girls will be pretty easy and fun.  They took me about 15 minutes to put together, once the goodies were gathered. 

BTW I was just on Pinterest and saw a cute sign that said "To everyone who follows me on Pinterest: Please act surprised when you receive your D.I.Y. Christmas gift."
 
 I just hope my sweet friends who follow my blog and who are dressing as witches and then are coming to my house, will keep that in mind.

8 comments:

  1. You always have so much fun! You are a real party animal! I miss doing crafts with other grown-ups. We haven't had Super Saturday for awhile...=P Your friends will love those witches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Your friends will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK now these are awesome! I'm going to try to find some time to make a few of these for myself. Is the tail wire? And printed on cardstock I assume? Very cool. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a very good eye, yes and yes ... be sure to post pics of your on your blog can't wait to see!!

      Delete
  4. I love these, they are so adorable.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! These are an elegant Halloween craft.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. The witches are bootiful! Your friends are going to love them! Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete