Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pink Friday at Dear Lizzie

 
 

Thanks for dropping by!  Do you have one of those stores that you just adore?  One that makes your heart pitter-pat just stepping inside?  One with lots of visual energy?  Well this is my go-to place, Dear Lizzie in Highland Utah, about a half an hour from my home.  This year they had a great "pink" Friday sale the day after Thanksgiving.  I met my friend Stacy who lives a half an hour the other way and we happily wandered our favorite store.

 Its always fun for me to visit this mannequin, while there.  She was actually the first one I made, about 4 years ago, and she sold at Treasure's Antiques where I work ... Laura Jarman of Dear Lizzie changes her outfits to suit the season, I love the collar and cameo of her winter outfit, don't you?

There are always sweet little bits and pieces here and there, ready for a peek to delight you as you come around a corner in the shop.  I thought this bird was adorable!!


 Unique and artist created items abound ... the experience is just breath taking.

Of course there is always something amazing to take home and tuck into one's life.  This year it was a snowman in a tutu  for me ... you can see her in my red and white piano scene from the day before yesterday's post.




Stacy found something sweet and Frenchy, because Stacy always finds something sweet and Frenchy. 
 Besides merchandise I always take away lovely merchandising ideas ... I once had a customer in Treasures point to one of my booths and then ask me how that dealer was affiliated with Dear Lizzie ... High Praise for me ... but I can only wish I had a fraction of Laura's talent. 
 
I hope you enjoyed your tour, if you are ever in Salt Lake City, you may want to make the trip south about 20 minutes to experience Dear Lizzie yourself.  I doubt you will regret it.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour of Dear Lizzie. I wish I lived close to it. One of my favorite issues of Romantic Homes was where her store was featured. take care, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful afternoon Paula! Thanks for meeting me there and fooling around. It truly is my absolute favorite store ever! xo

    ReplyDelete