Monday, February 11, 2013

A Valentines Dinner with Transferware

Just finished our first annual Valentines dinner with out kids and grands ... so much fun.  I set two tables and made place card holders.  Of course the Dollar Store came in handy making the place card holders, ala, a sugared heart gum drop for a base, and a heart pick (7 for a dollar), which I sawed a grove into the top with a steak knife, before adding the cute cards made from a graphic that I found at Graphics Fairy.  I thought it looked rather like toile, and I always love how toile looks with transferware.


 Table number one is above, and table number two is to the right and below.  I used  my red transferware dishes collection for the first time ever.  That was a lot of fun, I paired them with my creamy white Rosepoint dishes, which I adore.  Thanks Julie.  The romantic lovers sculpture, from my bedroom, took over center stage, as you see.

  1. The Menu of Love
  • Individual heart shaped meat loaves
  • Pleasingly pink mashed potatoes
Peas with carrots hearts

Rosy homemade croissant rolls

Tossed Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette.




 
 And here are the crew, ready to feel the love of home cooking at Grandma's house.  The dessert was angel food cake with strawberry hearts ... yum!  Thanks for coming along, I wish I could send you each a plate of romantic dessert, hope your day is amazing!



2 comments:

  1. Saw your place settings on The Graphics Fairy - So cute! That dessert looks delicious.

    http://cinnamonpink.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Love the transferware, of course and I love the heart shaped meatloaf! I'll probably steal that idea for V day. Love the shadowbox you did with your Dad's things. I've been wanting to do one for my husband for awhile now. You've inspired me again. Mimi

    ReplyDelete