Friday, July 26, 2013

DIY Bench in French!


 Well, the fun continues.  I got this double chair bench put together for flea.o.logy last weekend, but didn't have a chance to upholster the seat. 

Now that the flea market is behind, me I actually had time to finish it.
 I used a bleached out flour sack I bought at an estate sale last summer.  Then using graphics from graphics from Graphics Fairy and the CitraSolv method, I printed  on it.  With a couple of layers of Warm and Natural cotton quilt batting stapled in place, I added the old flour sack, and viola!!
 This is a display at Treasures Antique Mall where I work.  It was put together by Kathy, one of the dealers there and is getting rave reviews.

 Kathy also carefully covered this mannequin's bodice with lace doilies stitched together.  It is just charming, its been getting a lot of attention as well, in fact,  Sue Balmforth who owns Bountiful, an amazing décor store in Venice, California, stopped by and swooped it up!!

Well thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed the double chair bench and the amazing, lacy mannequin!

11 comments:

  1. That bench is absolutely brilliant - and I love it! thanks for the reveal. Also so fond of all the white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ... I am a little hooked on white at the moment myself!

      Delete
  2. Another lovely creation! I missed Flea.o.logy this time...same time as our weekend in Disneyland. Is there another in the fall some time? Ireally enjoyed my first visit in the spring. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the mid summer sale often looses customers and vendors to vacations ... The last one of the year is the Saturday before Labor day, August 31st. See You then!!

      Delete
  3. Your bench looks a-ma-zing! I have never tried the Citra-Solv method but I'm dying too! And your bench definitely inspired me to give it a go. =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! I wish I were there. I'm afraid my husband would have to hold on to my wallet, or I would spend every penny. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bench and the mannequin is to die for.
    Over from Mrs. Olsons

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous bench! Great idea and excellent job on it's transformation. This is my first visit, I came from Gina at Shabby Chic Cottage. Your blog is so pretty and I look forward to taking a closer look at it!
    Marie@InteriorFrugalista

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOH-LA-LA! I love both the bench and the mannequin. They look fabulous together. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, both the bench and the lacy mannequin are so beautiful - and what a wonderful combination they make!
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to reupholster my dinning room chairs now... Always fun to find an inexpensive piece of furniture and make it your own : )

    ReplyDelete