Friday, July 5, 2013

Renewing Antique Lamps



Found a pair of these sweet old lamps at an estate sale a couple of weeks ago. All they needed was some shades.  The frame above is one of a pair I had tucked away in the garage ...

Now all I needed was something to cover the shades. When I spied this soft pink embroidered netting I knew I had hit the jack pot. I cut the lace to the length of circumference of the base of the shade frame. Next I folded down the edge of the netting and did a basting stitch, which I then gather to the circumference of the top of the shade.  Last of all I tacked it to the frame.




I was pretty happy with how they turned out. They are in the antique mall now awaiting a new home!

4 comments:

  1. Perfect shades for these lamps. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be so afraid they would catch fire? So delicate? Or am I paranoid? Either way, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok wow!!! That is just so cool! Great job!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so pretty! I recently tried to revamp a lamp shade and got the wrong type so that is not happening afterall. I guess I will try again :)

    ReplyDelete