Sunday, September 27, 2015

Numbered Glass Canisters

Here I am doing some final touches on my kitchen!
I love how the canisters turned out and thought I'd share how I did them.

I found these numbers I liked on Graphics Fairy and then italicized a font to get slanted letters.  I did have to tweak the font a bit to get the letters to match the numbers better.
I taped the numbers inside the jar and traced them with a Sharpie

A fine brush and craft paint to paint the numbers ...

Here's the first coat of paint going on, It takes several coats of paint for a finished look
And voila!!
I chose all white product to make them match the kitchen and it saves me cupboard space too. 

Here I have, white flour, sugar, powdered sugar, rice and pancake mix. I figured potato buds would also have worked. 

4 comments:

  1. Super cute Paula! I love anything numbered!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Great idea - thanks for sharing👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You did a great job explaining the steps to get to the finished product. I am new to painting crafts, but your instructions make it seem so easy, I may have to give this a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You did a great job explaining the steps to get to the finished product. I am new to painting crafts, but your instructions make it seem so easy, I may have to give this a whirl!

    ReplyDelete