Friday, December 11, 2015

Jo Packham's Amazing Remodeling Sale!

So, have you ever had the thought, 'if I don't do this I'll regret it?  
Well that is what I felt when I saw this on IG posted by wherewomencreate last week. Jo Packham, who is the editor of the Somerset magazine that bears her IG account name, lives in a town 90 minutes north of me.

I've been addicted to a few of the Somerset  Magazines for a long, long time, after being introduced by my friend Stacy of Stacysshabbyshoppe fame 

Timing couldn't have been worse. My calendar for the week was overflowing... The day of the sale  I was scheduled to work and had the opening slot for a progressive Christmas home decor event that evening. 

Nevertheless I heeded that voice ...
Here I am with Jo and Joanne, whom I enlisted in the insane plan!  Meeting Jo was great. Such a kind and generous person!!
So much fun eye candy ... Is this the sweetest tree ever?  At $500 it was a budget buster for me!  But still ...
... I adored it... After all I do have Elphaba on my license plate!  
There were goodies too
This shard tiled washstand was a huge temptation too!
And for my cubby, multi-drawer loving self, this one was hard to leave behind. 
And, as always, architectural salvage is hard to resist.
So many wishes, and this German glass glittered wish, left behind because it was unreachable, typifies our feelings as we left this charming space with arms full of treasures!! 
I thought you might enjoy seeing my bounty!
Repro locker baskets!! 
A charming cupboard made from reclaimed wood and part of an old teller's cage!! 
A sweet set of fancy sewing machine drawers.
And best of all, is this drawer set, which was actually made by Jo...
On which she decoupaged the art work prints of friends!  What an heirloom. It will take a major shakeup in my craft room to fit it in, but then my craft room definitely needs a shake up What a great project for January!

Thanks for joining me for part of my perfect day, and no, I don't regret loosing a day working!  So glad Joanne is such a good sport!!  Thanks to Joanne and Jo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment