Tuesday, July 12, 2016

My Friends She Sheds and Garden Houses

I've been thinking about my garden house lately...
This picture is from last year ... There are no flowers in the picnic baskets, turned planters this year, because one of them rotted out and after I replaced it I had to paint both to match and then hated the new color ....  But it does have me thinking of how many friends I have who also have she sheds of  one sort or another. 
This is a shot of my friend Sharon's 'She Shed'.  Her's is actually a historic building. A one room bachelor's house built for a family member who needed his own space many, many years ago. 
This two story house was shared with me by my friend LaVern, it's actually her brother's play house built for visiting grandchildren. and is at his house next door. 
I actually became friends with Joanne because of her 'She Shed'. She was a customer I met working at the antique mall. We next became Instagram friends, then after she posted pictures of her little house, she allowed a drooling me to come and visit it, and even let me take pictures with her phone, as I'd forgotten mine, to do a blog post!! (That was some sentence!)!

Joanne's cottage started life as a play house her husband built for their daughters. Of course her daughters are grown now, so Joanne inherited it!! 

This charming 'She Shed' belongs to my friend Wendy. The shed came with the historic house she and Mr. C renovated 15 years ago. But she claimed it and made it her own. She mostly uses it as a restoration shop and for antiques storage!! 
My friend Jill, who lives a block away, recently built her own 'She Shed'. She calls it a grandma house and has it fixed up for sleepovers. 
My friend Jann sent away for house plans to build her Garden House, they finished it just in time for a grandson's wedding!  Yes!  Deadlines are the best!! 
Then last weekend my friend Lyn and I went junking together, for what I hope is the first time!  I was not surprised that she too has a darling She Shed .... Her yard is beyond charming and her shed is for storing away garden tools!  Fancy That!! Still, it has her distinct artistic touch, which adds much charm to her garden! !! 
... And now for the piece de resistance of my collection.  This extensive play house was build by another Treasures customer, who I've come to consider as a friend. Marcelle built this charming cottage largely by herself, contracting out just a few of the trickiest details. 

 I have actually never seen the house in person, but Marcelle has been kind enough to share pictures with me to keep me up on her decor changes!! 

And yes, she has invited me by to see it!! She is one of the most gracious people I've met ...  

Thanks for coming along to review these fun structures. It's still amazes me that I am personally aware of so many!! 

Have you been tempted to become a she shed owner?? 

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, how fun to see all of your friends sheds. Mine is not quite complete, but getting there. Still need that little pergola over the front door. :) Love your darling cottage!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete